Assertiveness and Communication Skills Course
Why Assertiveness Training?
Find yourself saying ‘yes’ to people’s requests when you really want to say ‘no?’
Bottle up or fail to express your discontent, even if you think it’s justified?
‘Give in’ to others for a while, but eventually become irritable or even angry?
Assertiveness is the ability to express yourself and your rights in an open, non-confrontational way. Yet assertiveness does not come naturally because we have all learned passive behaviours to stave off confrontation.
When you train with Vita online Learning and Education , we teach you how to apply appropriate assertive communication skills in your day-to-day work and life situations: you will acquire practical techniques which will increase your effectiveness and productivity, and help you gain control of daily activities.
The course is designed to give students the appropriate tools to assert themselves in a wide range of situations at work. They will learn how the proper use of assertive behaviour enables people to deal with work colleagues, clients, suppliers and personal contacts in a way that is productive yet maintains and improves relationships.
Introduction and Course Overview
Different Types of Behaviour
• Definitions of Behaviour Types • Recognising Aggressive, Passive and Assertive Behaviours
Causes and Effects of Behaviour Types
• Possible Causes of Different Types of Behaviours • Impact or Effects of Each Type of Behaviour • Pros and Cons of Different Behaviours
Assertiveness and You
• Self Reflection • The Benefits of Assertive Behaviour to You
Personal Communication Styles
• What is Communication? • Getting Communications Across • Personal Communication Style Questionnaire
Getting Our Thinking Right
• Our Inner Dialogue • Managing Our Inner Dialogue • Understanding Rights and Responsibilities • Responsibilities of Assertiveness • Exercises: Inner Dialogue and Rights and Responsibilities • Positive Thinking
Body Language and Assertiveness
• How Important is Body Language ? • Demonstrating Assertive Body Language
Saying the Right Things
• Guidelines for Assertive Words • The Three Step Approach to Being Assertive • Exercises in Applying Assertiveness
More Assertiveness Techniques
• Reflecting/Playback • Fogging • Broken Record
Starting to be More Assertive
• Making Requests • Tips for Making Requests • Saying
: Refusing Requests
• LEEP Model for Handling Aggression from Others • Applying Assertiveness to Your Own Situation
A Personal Action Plan
This course is also available online. Our online courses materials are delivered direct to your email inbox. Our online courses are exactly the same as the classroom version, but include a range of supporting study material.
Cost for class room based course is £599
Distance learning £299
We pride ourselves on providing top-quality trainings. The requirements for certification are covered at the start of each course.
We have specially designed the certification process so that you leave the course knowing you have an excellent understanding of Assertiveness Skills. Whilst we will do everything possible to assist you in meeting our required standards, not every student meets our standards. So when you have our certificate, you know you’ve earned it! If you have any questions about certification standards, just contact us.
The Vita online Learning and Education Assertiveness Skills course is approved and recognised by the following organisation: IANLPC (The International Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming and Coaching Course delegates are welcome to attend. VITA online training & education’s monthly ongoing learning and best practice group for all students
Course materials include a complete assessment which consists of questions and case studies relating to your study material.
There is no time limit for completing your assessment; it can be completed in your own time as your own pace.
All students have their own tutor which they can access should they wish to ask any questions throughout the course. We run free monthly practice sessions for all students doing the home study courses, you will be notified monthly with dates of upcoming practice sessions.